people & places consultancy
Our consultancy brings together multi disciplinary teams to embed a new way of thinking and doing across departments, sectors, teams and social divides.
We help co-produce rigorous and accessible research and resources to help decision makers and communities understand their role in building an economy and society fit for the challenges of the 21st century. Innovative frameworks, measurement tools and data help to create a golden thread between citizen and society.
our wellbeing economy approach
ENGAGE & EXPLORE – getting initial buy in from leaders and innovators, and exploring together a wellbeing economy.
- Cross sector and multi stakeholder workshops
- Leadership strategy sessions
- Place-based objective mapping and goal setting
MEASURE & UNDERSTAND – the detailed local conditions for wellbeing now and over time.
IMPROVE – innovating and experimenting to change policy and practice.
- Bespoke Happiness Pulse for social impact evaluation
- Workshops and training
- Additional wellbeing economy best practice interventions and tools
INSPIRE AND EMBED – spread the best of what works to other teams, departments, sectors and places.
- Webinars, trainings, communications and campaigns
- Pioneering Places champions and cohorts
- Consulting support
Thriving Places Index consultancy: a compass for a wellbeing economy
The Thriving Places Index supports decision makers across sectors to assess and prioritise policy, based on the impact it has on the wellbeing and sustainability of people and communities.
It can be used to provide a:
- shared set of goals for cross-sector, multi-disciplinary working framework for designing holistic approaches to budgeting, planning, procurement, commissioning and collaborative placemaking
- powerful communication tool to engage citizens and diverse stakeholders in a sustainable wellbeing approach to change
- local and asset-based means of measuring, tracking and evaluating progress on a range of interconnected priorities (including the Sustainable Development Goals)
- means to balance the competing priorities inherent in a sustainable and just approach to local economics.
Research and data services
Detailed reports on your Local Authority’s TPI data and what it can tell you with bespoke analysis to compare your results with ‘statistical neighbours’ and other relevant datasets
Bespoke ‘dive deeper’ indicator sets relevant to specific local priorities, sector needs and programme areas to supplement the headline data in the TPI
Support for adapting the TPI framework to a ward or neighbourhood level, researching additional datasets to deepen insight on local context and priorities.
Training and engagement
Consultancy support and workshops to engage multiple stakeholders, pinpoint specific areas for policy intervention and share case studies and best practice expertise
Training and support materials to upskill in-house teams in use of the data and ways to measure, understand and improve local wellbeing
Workshop sessions and team training to help you to build a wellbeing culture in your organisation or community, supporting cross-sector collaboration and impact.