Centre for Thriving Places in the news
If you’re a member of the media we’d love to hear from you. Please get in contact with Courtenay Crawford, Communications Manager at email@example.com
The Glasgow effect implies cities make us sad. Can the city prove the opposite?
Devon tops quality of life survey
Measuring what we treasure – what if human contentment shaped policy making?
- The city trying to make urban living good for your health in BBC Future
- Cornwall doesn’t make the grade in quality of life study but Devon does in Cornwall Live
- Best places for quality of life in Norfolk revealed by charity’s major study in Eastern Daily Press
- Wellbeing measures to replace GDP Growth Aaron Heslehurst interviews Liz Zeidler on BBC World News
- An economics of happiness by Marianne Brooker in The Ecologist
- The pursuit of happiness: could a ‘happy city index’ end Bristol’s blues? by Ajit Niranjan in The Guardian
- Measuring Bristol’s happiness by Alison Maney in Bristol 247
- Unsung Heroes – So who should be on the Bristol ‘Happy List’? by Steve Mellen
- Organisers want to establish a State of Happiness with the help of People Power
- Champions helping to spread the city’s happiness
- The Pursuit of Happiness by David Clensy
- Dickon Hooper & David Garmston report on Happy City in relation to Cameron’s ‘Better Society’ initiative
- Regional coverage of the Thriving Places Index included Devon Live, the Bristol Post and Bristol 24/7, the Bath Chronicle, the Surrey Advertiser, the Midlands’ Express & Star, the Leicester Mercury and the Newcastle Chronicle amongst others. The Index was also covered in several local government publications including Public Finance and LocalGov.